Thursday, March 13, 2008

Thursday Thoughts

So, I know most people have a "Thoughtless Thursday" but I have had one of those days. Everyone in my household woke up this morning as usual. Hudson played in our bathroom as Kevin and I got ready for the day, we then went downstairs to have a little milk and cinnamon toast. Daddy left for work then Hudson and I left for his Mother's Morning Out!! Woo Hoo...you just can't replace my Tuesday & Thursday mornings! Reason 1...I'm finally back to dancing. I am taking a ballet class with Atlanta Ballet and LOVE it!! I left class early - so I could get home to vacuum before I took a shower...and that's when the day turned!
I usually shampoo and leave in my conditioner until the end of my shower - well - sometimes I just forget to rinse it out at the end and today was one of those sometimes - so back in the shower to rinse! I pick up Hudson - who actually took a nap today - and decide to head to Dillard's - it's Clinique Free Gift & I need some Moisture Surge - if you don't know about Moisture Surge, you must try it! Well, on our way, I hear a "weird" noise from the backseat only to turn around and find Hudson non-stop throwing up! Trying to keep my cool and seeing a Babies R Us to my right, I pull in! First comes out Hudson and he is stripped naked in the middle of the parking lot! Next, the blanket, book and bunny covered in puke! I throw on his jacket (note to self - put backup clothes in the car), run into Babies R Us and buy the closest outfit - rip off the tags and throw them on the boy! Now, everyone is clean so we still head to Dillard's. But wait, this is the 2nd Dillard's I have visited b/c there was no Moisture Surge at the first and guess what...NO Moisture Surge at this one either!! Akkk!!
So, I decide, let's go get a water for the boy - I can only imagine what his mouth tastes like! And against better judgement, I just take the stroller down the escalator...Kevin does it all the time...why can't I? I'll tell you why...this escalator is the "skinny person only" escalator and the front wheel of the stroller had turned so at the bottom with escalator stairs falling under me - I'M STUCK!! The 15 seconds seemed like 15 minutes, until a lovely man came to my rescue!!! Thank you Lovely Man!
The day got better as we went to Pottery Barn Kids and found a "backup" bunny for naptime which is actually a dog!
So, here I am, about to go stain Hudson-man's rocking chair and head off to the Dunwoody UMC Consignment Sale to hopeful turn this day around! :-)

2 comments:

The Reeds said...

Wow! That moisture surge must be some good stuff! I will have to try it!
That's awesome that you're doing ballet again! You were SO good, and I bet it's a great way to relieve stress and exercise. When's your big debut recital with the Atlanta Ballet?

Anonymous said...

OMG they should have mom's be writers for sitcoms.