Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Busy...Busy

I always tell people I have no clue what I did before Hudson arrived & I would have absolutely no clue what I'd do if I had a "normal" job! To all mommies working "outside" the home - Here's To You!!! I stay busy...at what...sometimes I don't know! But for the last couple of days...I can at least point to a few highlights! It's a little long - but stay with me!

Most Exciting...I finally got my hair cut! I am the absolute worst about making hair appointments - I always wait until the last minute & there are never any convenient times. Well, a couple of months ago, I decided that Hair Cuttery couldn't screw my hair up that bad - I mean, it's pretty much one length & I just needed a trim. BOY, was I wrong. The girl wacked my almost-grown-out layers off to my ears & I was so embarrassed that I refused to go into Van Michael salon looking like I did! On Thursday, I told my sweet girl the story & she said not to feel bad, this was the 2nd hair-fix from Hair Cuttery in 2 days! She pretty much had to chop off all of my hair, but once the shock wore off - it looks tremendously better! (See Auburn pic below for semi-look at my new hair!)
Kevin and I also got to go on a DATE! Since Ariccia (at the AU Hotel) had lost his company's reservation during recruiting, they offered us a FREE meal! Date - alone with your husband - and FREE meal - it can't get much better! We arrived - table waiting - and were greeted by the manager with his apologies! However, he informed us alcohol wasn't included. What the heck though...I wasn't paying for my filet mignon! We took bets on drink costs - we both bet down since it was Auburn - not Atlanta! Well, we sure were shocked - a Vodka Tonic & Margarita - $18.00. Our free meal ended up being $40 when we added tip! Oh, well - it was still a deal! And Thanks Mimi & Pop for watching Hudson!

Friday, we ventured down to Lake Martin - why you ask - to ski of course! No, really - we went to winterize the boat. We took some pics & they sure are depressing! Hudson had fun playing peek-a-boo and watching Daddy in the boat. Hopefully, the water will come back up enough so we can use the boat next summer!
Our adopted in-law's dock - water usually goes up to the grass! I told you it was depressing!

Hudson had fun dancing with the back seat folded down!

Hudson went to his 3rd Auburn game of the year. I didn't think he'd make it to even one, but he sure has been a champ. It's so nice to hear from those who sit around you that you have such a wonderful baby! He's even adhered to Daddy's "can't leave before 0:00 in the 4th" rule!

Family Photo in front of the Auburn sign - you can sort of see the hair!

Monday, Hudson and I enjoyed a late afternoon walk. I figured we should go now since the "artic air" was moving in Tuesday night! It was so awesome to finally enjoy Fall! He's big on sharing now - he loves to share his snacks with me - which has to be one of the sweetest things ever! He also has a new laugh - the only way to really explain it is a "breathy Woody Woodpecker!" Hopefully he'll keep doing it so people can hear it - because it is precious!

Doing his "breathy" impression of Woody Woodpecker!

1 comments:

The Martin Family said...

I know what you mean about not knowing what you do all day - I always feel guilty when Joseph comes home and asks what we did today and I don't know what to tell him! It's not like we sit around watching tv eating ice cream (not all day, anyway!) but we're just busy! Only a mom can understand!!