Wednesday, November 21, 2007

These Are a Few of My Favorite Things...

Now, I don't regulary watch Oprah, but I always love her "Favorite Things" show! To see the audience get so excited is such a blast & totally makes my day! It's always great to take away a few gift ideas as well! So, she has inspired me to post a few of my favorite things...and maybe this will inspire some gift ideas for someone else!

For our anniversary this year, my wonderful husband allowed me a sort of "mommy makeover." Hudson was 4 months old & I had just decided to be a stay-at-home mommy, so it was one of the best gifts ever!! First, I went to Intimacy at Phipps Plaza and got all new bras!! I was so skeptical, but no lie - there was a complete difference - especially after breastfeeding! I think for any girl, this store is definitely worth the trip!

I also went to Bare Escentuals boutique...they make Bare Minerals makeup...you know, the one on the late night info-mercials! I always wanted to try it, but again was skeptical...well, I've been using it since April and will never go back to any other makeup! My skin feels so much better and it's actually a little cheaper than my old favorite, Clinique!

Along with a little girly stuff, I was on the hunt for a "feel good" pair of jeans. I wanted ones that I could crawl around in with Hudson, but still looked good in when Kevin got home! After eagerly trying on dozens to no avail, I wandered into American Eagle. Yes, I know I'm not 15, but I had to try something. What do you know? Those jeans fit like a glove...and were a steal at $40!!! I even went back & bought another pair when I dropped all my baby weight!

NILLA WAFERS MINIS...Silly, I know...but I love that Hudson eats "normal" food now! It's fun to snag a bite of his snacks!

And, so I'm not constantly eating Hudson's snacks all day long, I've finally realized the importance of breakfast. Since Hudson eats ASAP when we get downstairs, there is not much time to cook breakfast, so I have an Ensure most mornings! While I know I'm not 15...I also know I'm not 55, but these things are great! They really fill you up...my favorite is Chocolate of course!

So this isn't too long, I will include just one more...Old Navy Cashmere Sweaters! I saw these fantastic sweaters just the other day. I must confess...I don't actually own one of these...it's more of a "I hope someone who has me on their gift list will get me one" favorite! It makes me want to spend a cold night out on the town having margaritas & champagne (paired of course with my fabulous AE Jeans)!


I hope everyone has a list of their very own (and maybe will post them so I can get peak)! I also wish everyone a wonderful Turkey Day - watching parades & football and stuffing themselves silly! I'm so thankful for all of my family and friends!! I can't wait to enjoy my time with all of them and the wonderful food all weekend long! HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

2 comments:

The Reeds said...

What a fun list! I want one of those sweaters too. I went to the Old Navy site, and there are only L and XL right now. I will keep checking:) I hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

The Martin Family said...

You just added to my Christmas list! I've always wondered about that makeup, but now I know it's the real deal! Thanks! Sorry we didn't get to see you this weekend - y'all sure do look cute all bundled up!