Saturday, August 22, 2009

naptime came...he slept

stop the presses...2 posts in ONE day!
Today was the day. The day my sweet little man got his Big Boy Room! I was quite excited about the whole thing. No reason. He wasn't climbing out. He was sleeping fine. It was just time. Plus, we've decided to use his crib {well, refinish it} for Little Bit #2 so before the whirlwind of Fall, Holidays, and Birthdays come and go, we thought we should go ahead with the transition now.
BEFORE
I hyped it up all week to Hudson. I showed him his new curtains, new sheets, new "Auburn" blanket...everything. Then Thursday came around. I was sad. I kept internally counting the times I would rock Hudson and put him down in his crib. Snuggle before nap and bedtime. But as I laid him down, my thoughts were, "he's getting big and my belly's getting bigger. A new bed will be wonderful...but can he really be this big!?!"
throwing taking all of his animals out of the crib
Today went so well...even better than expected. We've done the "big boy bed" thing on vacation, at the lake and at Mimi's, but this is permanent. He helped Mommy. He {especially} helped Daddy. He decorated. Naptime came...He slept!
"I help too Daddy!"
he loves his rocker
new curtains
**see below on my inspiration**
helping Daddy move the bed frame
the bed frame turned into a Choo Choo Train!
until Daddy put it all together
{odd mattress you say...hit up a Select Comfort store when they're closing & buy a floor model. All new outsides-same 20 yr warranty-1/2 price. Result: Queen Sleep Number Bed for your little man that will last until he's out of college...that also didn't break the bank!!}
already excited
ready for a nap...before lunch! what??
snuggled up
AFTER
I still have mixed emotions but he seems to really love it. And he's so dang cute in it!!

now...if only the paci could disappear!?!?!?

btw...we've explained, he may get out of bed to play and read, but he may not come out of his room until Mommy or Daddy comes to get him. so far, it has worked!
***CURTAIN INSPIRATION***
I really, really, really wanted these
...but who wants to spend {at least} $140!!!
Mine were $45!! Not exact, but the idea his there. For the minimal sewing I do, I'm quite proud!

1 comments:

Cara said...

Love the transformation!! We have a "Big Boy Room" transformation of our own. I'll try to send pics out soon.

Love ya,
Cara