Monday, January 7, 2008

2008 is Great...?

While I am sure this will be such a wonderful year - especially as the little man continues to grow & learn, it sure has started off a little rocky! Hudson might be one the healthiest babies I know...he had two colds all last year!! And teething...I didn't even know he was cutting new teeth until I would stick my fingers in his mouth & find them!
But this first week of 2008 has been a doozie for our little household! January 1 & 2 Hudson was not a happy man...and was turning down food (if you've seen his pics, he doesn't miss any meals or snacks)! Well, on January 3 tooth #7 popped up - it doesn't look like his eye tooth - and it's not right next to his front 4 - but could it be the first molar!?!
On Saturday, he woke up a little earlier than normal and had a small cough. He was so happy & played and ran errands with us, we didn't think much of it. Well, Sunday morning came & we had a baby seal in the next room! The nurse at Children's Hospital returned my message & said to bring him in - it was most likely croup! All the babies I know have had croup at least once, so I knew we shouldn't worry, but he needed to get well soon!
Whew...all seems well now though. He's not sleeping that well, but we haven't had any all-nighters (fingers crossed)! He's still coughing, but no baby seal! As you'll see from the pic...he's back to eating!

1 comments:

The Martin Family said...

Hope you're on the road to recovery, Hudson! Being sick is no fun at all!!