Monday, November 10, 2008

What a Weekend

Let me start by saying, you're more than welcome to think Kevin and I are "parents of the year!" {hee, hee}
Since it was Homecoming on the Plains this weekend, Kevin and I decided to make a day-trip on Saturday. Even still, we had to make sure our first child, Beasley, was well taken care of! So off to the neighbors who are like parents to us! I dropped off a key; meanwhile, Hudson pointed & yelled at their cat! Then all of the sudden, he wants me to hold him, grabs his cheek and says, "Hurt!" Being "mom of the year" that I am, I thought it would be his 2 year molars coming in. {I mean, knock on wood, the boy is never sick!} So, back home & the sweet man just wants to snuggle...all the while pressing his cheek into my shoulder. After some thoughts for dinner, we decided to head out, but I can't even get his jacket on. He's really in pain! Next stop...Northside Urgent Care...Ear Infection! Thank goodness we caught it early...it probably saved us a sleepless night & {yes} missing the HC game!
So Saturday morning comes with only one brief wake-up during the night. He's hungry, but still just wants to press his cheek into my shoulder. After talking about the football game, Aubie, the band & "eagle" all week, he couldn't stop talking about it! So, we're off to Auburn. Once we get going, he's playing & eating his biscuit & jelly! Things are looking up!!!
A new HC tradition we've started with some friends, is to make the day easy & go to the Ag School's Taste of Alabama. $5 per person {little ones under 6...free} includes all kinds of foods made in Alabama along with ice cream, a bouncy house and this year, a live COW!! Sweet Hudson didn't eat much but loved all of the Tractors and {did I mention} the COW! He could've looked at that Cow all day long! He made it through the entire game {which included a 30 minute catnap}! He always loves the games, but he really seemed into it Sat...the Eagle, Aubie, the band, the actual game! He watched every bit of it.





Hudson couldn't wait to go sit on the "ornange" ledge for a picture!

even though this isn't my little man, it is my fav pic of the weekend!
We made it back home with dinner in our bellies & a happily sleeping child! We even made it to church Sunday {and didn't get called out of the service} & to get Daddy a haircut before his travels this week! Yea Amoxicillin!


Hudson got in the chair to be just like Daddy!!

0 comments: