Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Civic Duty

I VOTED...I hope you did! I PRAYED...I hope you did! I definitely have an unsettled sense about me, but I know God has a plan for the years ahead. Our pastor, Andy Stanley, has had a few great lines during recent sermons {not related to the election} that are resounding with me. "Allow God to leverage the worst for His best." {no matter what the circumstance - our next President, the economy, personal relationships}
"Instead of putting your focus on your circumstances, put your focus on Him." {I kept reminding myself of this all day!!!}
My goal for tonight was to catch up on my DVR shows...however, I've been sucked in...but feel I'll probably be pulling away soon. Side note...how can only 1% precincts be reporting but the news "call" the race!?!?!
On a few lighter notes...We {me, Hudson, my neighbor & her little boy} stood in line for almost an hour to vote. Although I must say, the company kept us occupied and the hour went by super-fast! Hudson "helped" me vote today! He thought it was much fun getting to touch the names! After voting, we headed to the park next door to play & have a picnic lunch! The boys were quite worn out which resulted in an awesome afternoon nap!!



I voted...let's eat!!!


Tonight {since Daddy is out-of-town} the boy and I ventured out for a trip to Hobby Lobby, Chick-fil-A and KRISPY KREME!! And what do you know...Krispy Kreme was giving away an Original Glazed Doughnut to each & every voter! BONUS!!!



0 comments: