Saturday, October 25, 2008

Pumpkin Patch

Today was the big Pumpkin Picking Out Day! We have felt like such slackers for waiting so late...but the wonderful weather sure made us thankful! We decided to stay "close" this year {not traveling over an hour to one of the big farms around Atlanta} and headed to "Holy Cow Farm!" What a treat...we packed a lunch, picked up Grandma D...and Next Stop: Pumpkins, Hayride & Petting Zoo!!! Hudson could've picked out pumpkins all day! It was non-stop "punkins...punkins...punkins!!" We finally talked him into going to see the Donkey & Llama...and sheep...and chickens...and bunnies...and "horsies"!! He loved it...although...I think Mommy loved it more {until the sheep incident - more later}! His reaction to the horses were that similar to Aubie...LOVED it as long as it was 4 feet away and didn't move!
So...my new friend, Mr. Sheep! I can't say I've ever pet a sheep before..so I was definitely game. He felt so odd...super thick, sort of soft and...well, wooly! After a good 2-3 minutes, I had enough and headed to Penelope the {house-trained} Pig. Mr. Sheep didn't much care for my decision & gave me a little nudge...then another...then another! After no response from me, he backed up...I'm thinking, "Okay, he's backing off." Until...he crouched down, gained some speed & RAMMED me in the thigh!!! WHAT? Yes, RAMMED me in the thigh! And that wasn't it...try THREE more times I'm walloped until the "trainer" comes over to help...you read correctly..."trainer" - not Kevin - "trainer!" Anyway, once it was over I couldn't stop laughing...I just wish the reason Kevin didn't help was b/c he was getting it on video...oh, well!
If you're in the Alpharetta area, Holy Cow Farm is open all year. It would be a great for morning play-dates!
I'm pretty sure I was taking this pic in "mid-nudge!"
BTW...not sure what's up with Kevin's "Chandler Bing" smile...but it was actually the best family photo of the day...pretty sad, huh?!

0 comments: