Monday, February 25, 2008

Best of All Worlds

So all of our friends say, "When you have kids, you'll get a minivan!" I know and I admit, minivans have great functionality, but I don't want to drive one (and neither does Kevin for that matter)! But with that said, our wonderful Pathfinder had finally met its match! With a 14 month old, a 70 pound golden retriever, 2 adults, AU tailgating equipment/lake stuff and other travel gear...we just couldn't cram another thing into our car on trips (and we even own a tailgate cargo carrier)! If we want to expand our little family one day, something was going to have to give! So, we took the plunge...but...not a minivan and not a ginormous SUV...we found the GMC Acadia! It has the function of a minivan, the space of that ginormous SUV we thought about, a nice smooth ride - and it's not a minivan!

Once we made our decision, things just seemed to fall into place...We called a close friend who loves a great deal & he bought our Pathfinder! My uncle works for a GM dealer in south Georgia so we got a great deal on the new car! He even found us the exact car we wanted in Gainesville, GA. Once my uncle "swapped" cars with the Gainesville dealer, he had his driver deliver the new car right to our front door last Tuesday! Now, for me, that may be a first and a last! My cousin was even coming through town on Wednesday and delivered the paperwork to our house then back to my uncle! That beats sitting in a dealership all day negotiating any day of the week! :-)

This is an awesome SUV for families! It has the captain's chairs in the second row and third row seating - all with enough leg room for my husband who likes to sprawl out! It also means two kids in the second row with Beasley between them & a completely open third row or empty back! There is even a gracious plenty of room for back storage with the third row up! Not to mention, the third row is easy to fold down and is flush with the floor! If you can't tell, I'm super pumped about the car & can't wait to enjoy it on long trips!



1 comments:

The Martin Family said...

I am amazed at all that room! We've been discussing our car situation and know it won't be too long before we'll have to take the plunge...we just really enjoy not having a car payment right now! I'm going to have to see this incredible machine in person! Please call the next time y'all are in town!