Tuesday, January 19, 2010

the BIG day!

The 39 week Appointment!  And boy, I sure am glad Doc Marcus does a routine ultrasound!! All looked well...amniotic fluid, heart, lungs, etc - then the "big" question...how much does he weigh?  Drum roll please....9 lb, 1 oz!  WHAT!  9 lb, 1 oz!!  I don't think so!  And the kicker...90th percentile head!  Um, Hudson's was 25th!

So you ask..."what's next?"  With only 19 pounds gained, Doc M just can't believe it so he calls in a favor to his perinatologist friend at Northside Hospital. Two hours later...more drum rolls....8 lb 15 oz!  Oh, wow...thanks!  You've given me a whole 2 oz! 

The bad news...Doc M isn't on call until early next week!  Well, I'm sure not waiting around for the babe to gain another 1/2 lb to a lb!  But the Doc on call, Dr Anand, is apparently a super fabulous lady {from friends with experience} - and bonus - my 2 nurse friends are working tomorrow too! 

And without further ado...we'll be heading in Wednesday, January 20th at 6:30 am to greet Baby Grant!!!  I am most looking forward to seeing his little face {which already looks like Hudson} and seeing Hudson with his new brother!

Many prayers are appreciated!  Pics and more news to follow soon!

3 comments:

erinshelton said...

YAY! I can't wait to find out more. Stopping everything right now to pray for the entire family! GOD BLESS!

Maggie M. Cooper said...

Oh my goodness!!!:) Can't wait to see pics!Said a prayer already!

tmiller said...

Yeah! I know you are so anxious and excited! Will be praying for you next week.