Monday, September 15, 2008

Savannah

Well, we've returned home from our first trip to Sister's new house! They moved to Savannah (actually Richmond Hill) in April and finally moved into their brand new house just last weekend!! I am now so jealous of the brand new & can't wait to use some of her ideas. Although, as I am writing, I look over at Husband and Hudson reading a book & finding "BeeBos" (belly buttons) on the couch together, I really couldn't ask for anything more!!
Anyway, on to the trip. We drove into Savannah Friday for lunch, to walk the river and see what City Market had to offer. Best part for me, Savannah's Candy Kitchen where I indulged on Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge!!! Yummmmmy! We drove back to Richmond Hill and toured Ford Plantation! What an almost surreal southern community. Apparently Henry Ford visited, fell in love and decided to pump mucho $$$ into Richmond Hill...hence, the Ford Plantation. His vacation home still sits as "Main House" on the property. So very beautiful, quiet and quaint. But I'm pretty sure we won't be buying into the neighborhood, starting lot w/ house, $1.2 mil!
Saturday was pretty much filled with food, relaxing and Auburn Football (that seemed to go on forever)! But as long as I have Buffalo Chicken Dip and an Auburn Win, life is good! I mean, at least our defense stood out!
Enjoy the pics!

1 comments:

My First Kitchen said...

How fun!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE Savannah. If it wasn't so hot, I'd live there. Great pictures, too! Hope you're well!